Montreal Escorts

Do you tell anyone about your hobby ?

99oilersdoc

Member
Dec 29, 2025
26
36
13
59
One thing I want to add is something I heard an internationally known escort was saying on her Instagram. A lot of men don't hire escorts because they are desperate for sex usually, they hire escorts because they want an experience of intimacy and companionship that is built around their desires, within certain boundaries. And that is something that varies a lot from person to person. A lot of my clients are single but they don't hire me because they see themselves as incels. They just aren't ready for dating and a relationship at the moment, or they don't have time for it. Some men prefer being single and just seeing a SP once in a while to fulfill their emotional and sexual needs. I've had a lot of men tell me that seeing me helped them build their confidence and they started dating again eventually. The married men or the men in relationships usually want to try something they normally wouldn't with their partner, or they are experiencing boredom and instead of breaking up or divorcing they seek variety elsewhere in a way that feels safe and contained for them.

There isn't really an easily defined demographic of clients. My friends who are in the industry get different clients than I do, sometimes there's an overlap, but we all have a completely different client base. My clientele has also drastically changed over the years, and it keeps fluctuating depending on the time of the year, the way I'm interacting with clients online and how I brand myself, etc.
Very insightful (and accurate I believe)
 

madmonkey82

Well-Known Member
Feb 5, 2026
335
499
63
44
I told one guy with whom we were out of town and after a work conference we were looking for entertainment. I was 21 and single at the time.
Other than that no one.
When i meet a provider, if they ask i will say that i did meet others before so they know I'm not a noob.
 

urquell

Well-Known Member
Feb 24, 2013
1,374
2,947
113
It really comes down to the environment you're playing in. As an individual seeking services, as is the case for most people here, you will rarely if ever meet people in the hobby in person. Some people here on MERB have gotten to know each other well enough over the years to feel comfortable meeting in person but that's a very small group of people. Generally it doesn't happen. In areas where you are dealing with open circulation of both clients and SPs there's zero point in trying to hide that you're a monger because everyone knows you're a monger since they're all mongers too. It's even a favorite game at certain airports to play "spot the monger". At this point you're not trying to hide that you're a monger, but if you're smart you are protecting your personal information (first names only, no revelation of personal details like what company you work for, what organizations you're in, no last name etc). A very select group of people get to know each other well enough to become real friends and share their personal stuff with each other. Most mongers are very wary of this and learn not just to like the character of someone but also to have enough insight into their personality to trust their discretion. I have fellow mongers that I like very much but who I know talk too much when they're drinking and so they don't make it to the "inner circle". lol. Unlike normal friendships you also have the "shared secret" that must be kept, so just liking somebody isn't enough, as it might be in what is considered to be a normal friendship.

It always kind of surprises me that people who are generally uncomfortable with sharing info with fellow mongers are completely at ease sharing everything with Agencies and SPs during their screening processes. It just seems like a total non sequitur to me.
 

LeDodo

The hopeless romantic introvert and metrosexual
Jun 8, 2025
3,435
4,134
113
It always kind of surprises me that people who are generally uncomfortable with sharing info with fellow mongers are completely at ease sharing everything with Agencies and SPs during their screening processes. It just seems like a total non sequitur to me.
Well if you give them a GFE or BFE maybe they'll tell you more!
 

urquell

Well-Known Member
Feb 24, 2013
1,374
2,947
113
Well if you give them a GFE or BFE maybe they'll tell you more!
I don't give them anything, simply because I've moved on to greener pastures and don't use them, but I never did previously either, so while it doesn't affect me it still surprises me. Maybe I'm just more guarded than usual, but I still always recommend that nobody give anybody anything. Different strokes, yadda yadda... :)
 

interferon

Well-Known Member
Oct 4, 2012
398
464
63
It really comes down to the environment you're playing in. As an individual seeking services, as is the case for most people here, you will rarely if ever meet people in the hobby in person. Some people here on MERB have gotten to know each other well enough over the years to feel comfortable meeting in person but that's a very small group of people. Generally it doesn't happen. In areas where you are dealing with open circulation of both clients and SPs there's zero point in trying to hide that you're a monger because everyone knows you're a monger since they're all mongers too. It's even a favorite game at certain airports to play "spot the monger". At this point you're not trying to hide that you're a monger, but if you're smart you are protecting your personal information (first names only, no revelation of personal details like what company you work for, what organizations you're in, no last name etc). A very select group of people get to know each other well enough to become real friends and share their personal stuff with each other. Most mongers are very wary of this and learn not just to like the character of someone but also to have enough insight into their personality to trust their discretion. I have fellow mongers that I like very much but who I know talk too much when they're drinking and so they don't make it to the "inner circle". lol. Unlike normal friendships you also have the "shared secret" that must be kept, so just liking somebody isn't enough, as it might be in what is considered to be a normal friendship.

It always kind of surprises me that people who are generally uncomfortable with sharing info with fellow mongers are completely at ease sharing everything with Agencies and SPs during their screening processes. It just seems like a total non sequitur to me.
Don't think ever seen the word 'monger' so many times and it's a horrible word in this context (maybe this should have gone in the random thread)
 

Lunaseraphim

Of the moon
Supporting Member
Jul 18, 2024
3,525
12,045
113
33
Montréal
www.lunasparx.com
Don't think ever seen the word 'monger' so many times and it's a horrible word in this context (maybe this should have gone in the random thread)
It's not a nice sounding word. I prefer "courtesan affectionado"
 

AnthonyAnderson

Well-Known Member
Sep 13, 2025
724
1,244
93
37
Don't think ever seen the word 'monger' so many times and it's a horrible word in this context (maybe this should have gone in the random thread)
Same, and I hate pretty much all the "hobby" vernacular–including the word hobby itself. Monger; pooner; perv; horndog; "compliant", "take a pounding" I'm forgetting some for sure. They're all repulsive to me.
 

Lunaseraphim

Of the moon
Supporting Member
Jul 18, 2024
3,525
12,045
113
33
Montréal
www.lunasparx.com
Same, and I hate pretty much all the "hobby" vernacular–including the word hobby itself. Monger; pooner; perv; horndog; "compliant", "take a pounding" I'm forgetting some for sure. They're all repulsive to me.
These terms are repulsive to me as well. But I think to me "hobbyist" is one of the worst somehow. I know people don't understand this
 
  • Like
Reactions: AnthonyAnderson

urquell

Well-Known Member
Feb 24, 2013
1,374
2,947
113
Don't think ever seen the word 'monger' so many times and it's a horrible word in this context (maybe this should have gone in the random thread)
It's the most widely used word globally and it has no negative connotations within the community. It's pretty much akin to saying "backpacker" or "cyclist" except with respect to this activity.

It's a UK thing. They call themselves mongers there.
It's certainly used in the UK too, but it's not limited to there. Most forums globally use monger as the de facto description of the gentleman in question. MERB is an exception to the rule, not the norm. If you use MERB exclusively though then it's certainly understandable that the local vernacular would become the norm in your mind because it's what you use every day.

I think to me "hobbyist" is one of the worst
I tend to agree with you. It's not that it seems particularly offensive to me, although I could certainly understand why ladies would not liked to be called "hobbies" . It just seems like a particularly silly word for the pastime. Having said that, I'm guilty of having used it on this board on occasion. I usually use monger though.
 

Verbal Kint

Active Member
Jul 10, 2020
134
157
43
I told 2 male friends about it. And had a 50/50 results.
#1 Not every friend deserve 100% of your confidence.

The first guy I told had been having adventures in the business when it came up. Probably over one too many whiskey...
So we had good times talking and sharing about it, and it never came up in a random or delicate situation. (Trustworthy.)

The second guy was talking to me about hitting strip joints while we we're doing a contract in Toronto.
I obliged but soon realised he was, lonely, horny and his Gf had left him a short time ago. Basically he was a scam magnet.
After one of those experience at a dodgy stripjoint I agreed to get dragged too, I had enough and told him about escort sites and how it worked.
We ended up booking a session with 2 Sp and everything went great. He even thanked me for introducing him.

But then couple years later, having one too many, in company of other friends; he slipped and started talking about that night like it was natural.
(One man's natural is another's extreme...)
I'd be lying if i'd say i'm proud to partake in this business. But I'm single, and sometimes the drive, the loneliness overcomes the moral guide lines.
So needless to say I kinda freaked out inside. I leaned over and I'm pretty sure i'm mumbled something to the effect of : << Shut the fuck up!>>
I don't think I will ever introduce anyone else to those services.

Lesson learned.
 

urquell

Well-Known Member
Feb 24, 2013
1,374
2,947
113
I told 2 male friends about it. And had a 50/50 results.
#1 Not every friend deserve 100% of your confidence.

The first guy I told had been having adventures in the business when it came up. Probably over one too many whiskey...
So we had good times talking and sharing about it, and it never came up in a random or delicate situation. (Trustworthy.)

The second guy was talking to me about hitting strip joints while we we're doing a contract in Toronto.
I obliged but soon realised he was, lonely, horny and his Gf had left him a short time ago. Basically he was a scam magnet.
After one of those experience at a dodgy stripjoint I agreed to get dragged too, I had enough and told him about escort sites and how it worked.
We ended up booking a session with 2 Sp and everything went great. He even thanked me for introducing him.

But then couple years later, having one too many, in company of other friends; he slipped and started talking about that night like it was natural.
(One man's natural is another's extreme...)
I'd be lying if i'd say i'm proud to partake in this business. But I'm single, and sometimes the drive, the loneliness overcomes the moral guide lines.
So needless to say I kinda freaked out inside. I leaned over and I'm pretty sure i'm mumbled something to the effect of : << Shut the fuck up!>>
I don't think I will ever introduce anyone else to those services.

Lesson learned.
That's exactly the kind of thing I was referring to in my post above. Having a great friendship with someone doesn't necessarily mean that you can trust their discretion, and you need to have a very good idea of who someone is before you decide to share details with anyone who may be present anywhere in your personal or professional life. Even people you meet within the community can't always be trusted to treat your info well.