Now you get this. Wasn't like this when I checked just yesterday.
Now you get this. Wasn't like this when I checked just yesterday.
I think it's also important that you and others SW keep discussing thoses issues here with us. In my opinion, you and LC18 and jaelynever are presently doing an "hell of a job" in educating us about your work conditions. I saw numerous comments over the years that were not necesseraly means but show the ignorance of your realities.I'm realizing that Merb isn't the right place to talk about our rights, because it's dominated by clients and it's an advertising space. I think this is better discussed among colleagues and other people who are behind the scenes.
That's not the purpose screening serves.. Don't spread the wrong info. I've had guys write bad comments or reviews about me even if I knew their handle and names. It doesn't make any difference. It truly is for our safety.. and for deposits it's to avoid no show's and last minute cancellations.Ok, I get it. These girls want to be safe but these processes also serve other purposes
1) knowing your full name/employment/driver's license/review board handle: How likely are you going to write a bad review if you get a bad experience?
2) sunken cost: once you already made a deposit, if the girl shows up or you show up at the girl's place, the girl is 10 years older than her profile, plus "thin" means 35 pounds overweight and you are horny as hell, you must just close your eyes and imagine she was 10 years younger and 35 pounds lighter. Walking away means losing your deposit. Oh yeah, back to (1), she knows your full name/employment/driver's license/review board handle. How would she react if you forfeit your deposit when there is "bait and switch". For an agency, some guys pay a driver's fee if they do a "bait and switch".
I was surprised this wasn't brought up in the documentary too. I guess they care about the ''exploitation'' of certain women more than others.I'm surprised LE doesn't seem to give a shit about the asian incalls in Mtl.
I don't think most of us increase our rates because we get less traffic, in fact it can be the other way around. I know providers who decreased their rates because they were nervous about losing clients, or things weren't as good. Personally I try to offer different types of services in order to get a variety of clients. From what I hear and from personal experience, increasing rates means wanting to be more selective about clients. Some providers who have very high rates simply have other jobs and only want a handful of sessions every month.Many think like this but very few say it loud
Pushback I've seen from indies is that they provide better service/time/experience etc.
But like you say - most people want to pay premium only once in a while and agency girls do fill a need.
Catch 22 is indies get less traffic so they need to keep increasing rates, which in turn reduces volume further which leads again to rate hikes and the cycle continues.
I fell to Read comments that looks like this in this thread....most take are considerate...I think what your story proves also is that everyone has a different story and experience to tell. I know people who absolutely experienced abuse of different kinds at XO, but you didn't which is great. I know people who had bad experiences at Euphoria, but I'm sure some have had different experiences. That's why it's important to listen to everyone. I've had really bad experiences at a popular MP before, but I also have colleagues who loved working there.
Personally after reading April Killian's article and after having a conversation with a friend and colleague, I'm realizing that Merb isn't the right place to talk about our rights, because it's dominated by clients and it's an advertising space. I think this is better discussed among colleagues and other people who are behind the scenes.
It's not the first time that this type of discussion occurs here on this forum, and a lot of what comes out of it isn't pretty or respectful. "it's civilian women's fault" "feminists are horrible, women go to university and then they want to ruin our fun" "abuse doesn't exist, these girls are liars" "it's their fault and they should experience the consequences of their actions instead of talking about what they went through" .. I see how it is. We see how you think here, and if this forum becomes more known in the public eye, it just doesn't look good.
Y'all know why....if we are to have a discussion, Let's have a discussion. Clémentine being the face of this recent campane against agencies isn't a coincidence either....Again not saying that what she experienced isn't true....but having the young caucasian girl from a rich family falling in the demise of prostitution hit different in the minds of people vs Asians women fresh from the boat doing the exact same thing....That's not the purpose screening serves.. Don't spread the wrong info. I've had guys write bad comments or reviews about me even if I knew their handle and names. It doesn't make any difference. It truly is for our safety.. and for deposits it's to avoid no show's and last minute cancellations.
I was surprised this wasn't brought up in the documentary too. I guess they care about the ''exploitation'' of certain women more than others.
Absolutely, correct.It follows the same MO since the past 15 years, the clients are the predators and the SWs are the victims and no girl will voluntarily work as a SW so all were coerced into it. It is like stripclubs whenever there is a violent event in one they publicly expose the club like they did with Doric but when it concerns a corporation they cover it up and make the details vague. This is done on purpose. The feminists want it all shut down. They do not care about the girls just to push their ideology and the politicians to please their voting base and the media is aligned with the MO.
Excellent post. Thank you.I think one of the things that stood out to me in this piece was the way the journalist used a social media influencer to film an encounter with James. I’m not necessarily saying it constitutes entrapment, but I personally don’t feel that approach was necessary to get the point across in the article.
Secondly, of course there are going to be bad clients, and I’m absolutely against anyone being coerced or forced into doing something they don’t want to do. That should go without saying.
However, I feel like this article paints every agency as if they’re the absolute scum of the earth, which I don’t think is a fair representation of the industry as a whole.
In my own experience, I’ve never met a sex worker through a provider where I felt she was being forced into this line of work, or where I noticed anything that made me suspect something wasn’t right. I recognize that my personal experience doesn’t invalidate the experiences of others, but I also don’t think it’s fair to generalize an entire industry based on the worst examples.
It’s a bit of an apples-to-oranges comparison, but the journalist could just as easily write an article about the way some men on traditional dating apps treat women, including those who objectify them or treat dating like a numbers game, especially when it comes to non consensual activities.
There are bad actors in every environment, and I think it’s important to acknowledge those realities without painting everyone with the same brush.
I know her brother from before her time at XO, around the neighbors sending her money time and she always had a reputation for not telling everything or juggling around the thruth.Y'all know why....if we are to have a discussion, Let's have a discussion. Clémentine being the face of this recent campane against agencies isn't a coincidence either....Again not saying that what she experienced isn't true....but having the young caucasian girl from a rich family falling in the demise of prostitution hit different in the minds of people vs Asians women fresh from the boat doing the exact same thing....
I appreciate your sharing of your perspective but this happened to me but not in Montreal. I take it as as a lesson.That's not the purpose screening serves.. Don't spread the wrong info. I've had guys write bad comments or reviews about me even if I knew their handle and names. It doesn't make any difference. It truly is for our safety.. and for deposits it's to avoid no show's and last minute cancellations.
I was surprised this wasn't brought up in the documentary too. I guess they care about the ''exploitation'' of certain women more than others.




